Before you begin applying any skincare product, make sure you follow the simplest rules which are cleansing and toning. Now, the main confusion starts with face oils, serums, sunscreen and moisturiser. Here’s a list which will help you to understand the rules of layering skincare products:
– After cleansing and toning, start with a serum. If you have a serum for any of your skin concern like ageing, pigmentation, etc. It needs to be applied just after toning.
– Then, one can start with eye cream or an eye serum if you use one.
– Now, that you have applied your serums and eye skincare products, you can lock it down with a moisturiser. This will help to seal in the products.
– If you’re someone who loves to use face oils, then you can easily add this step after moisturising your skin.
– The last product on your skin should be your sunscreen. The same rule goes for night care products. They should also be the last step of your skincare routine.